Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Going Head-to-Head with Father Time


If you seek great challenges, you will achieve great things. One of my favorite speakers, the great Les Brown said, “The worst thing in life is not to aim too high and miss, it’s to aim to low and hit.” He is a very smart man.

You are so strong and so capable, but if you do not challenge yourself, you will never know how powerful you really are. I have grown to love seeking ridiculous challenges. There have been many in my life. What I have noticed is, if I become single-minded of purpose, I reach whatever goal I set. This is in regard to school, athletics, career, crazy non-sequitur life-pursuits and fitness. All have enriched my life.

What limitations?

You deserve to live your fullest life. People will keep trying to stop you. Why? I don’t know, and I don’t care. I want you to understand the greatest truth in life. Your limitations are all in your head. They were put there by people you trusted, but these people simply can’t see. I am sad for them. I can see.

I have seen far too many people do things that “can’t be done” to ever believe anyone who tells me what I can’t do. The Wright brothers were told that people can’t fly. Oprah Winfrey was told she didn’t have “what it takes” to make it in television. Roger Banister was told that human beings could not run a mile in under 4 minutes. How many times do we need to be shown that we are strong enough to do what we want before we believe in ourselves?

Taking on Father Time

I was told what I couldn’t do so many times I have lost count. So, I did all of those things. More recently, my uncle told me that I could never get my 30-inch waistline back, now that I’m in my 50’s. Challenge accepted.

Here’s the deal, I have arthritic knees. Both knees have been dislocated. I have a surgically repaired bicep. It was torn completely off the bone and needed to be reattached. I separated both shoulders. One of which seems to still be off-line a bit. I have chronic back-pain, and I am about to turn 54 years old. Oh yeah, one last thing. I have a hip replacement. So, what’s the problem?

I have a gym membership, and there’s 24 hours in a day. I know what to do when I get to the gym. I know what I should and should not eat. All I have to do, is eat right and work out daily. I refuse to believe that I cannot achieve my goals. I will. I have begun my training. I have been consistent and I am improving.

Look, here’s the deal. I have made many mistakes in my life. It took me until I was 50 years old to understand the things I am writing today. That’s fine. I’m not done. I wish I had done and achieved more in my youth. Well, I can’t go back in time. So, I will move forward with everything I have and do all I can to make all of my goals a reality.

It’s a bit late in the game, but I am staging a strong 4th-quarter comeback! I’m beat-up, I’m tired and it was looking like I was going to get blown-out. I understand too, that Father Time has the ultimate 2-minute offense and is undefeated. I don’t care. The fourth quarter is all mine!!!

The clock is ticking, for all of us. Call a play and run it to the best of your ability!

Don’t listen to weak people with no courage. Find your courage and live your best life.

Click Image To Learn More
Available in Both Kindle and Paperback Versions
More from this author:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is Losing Weight so Difficult?

You can achieve your fitness goals. If you want or need, to lose weight, I know you can succeed. If you have struggled in the past,...