Monday, January 20, 2020

Fitness or Excuses, Choose : FREE Fitness in 2020!!!


If you want to achieve your fitness goals, the time for excuses is over, .
Continued: Wade's 90-day' Fitness Challenge.
(Post #11: 1/20/2020)
Click image for Video #2
CHALLENGE BEGAN (For Me) 1/13/2020

Someone recently asked me what I was up to. I told her about my fitness challenge. She seemed very interested about the challenge and began asking all sorts of questions.

(This is so much fun for me! I LOVE when I can get people excited about their fitness journey! I love being a sort-of, catalyst in the process. Even more enjoyable for me is, when I run into these people months later and they excitedly tell me about their newfound fitness success.)

During this conversation however, the questions took an all-too-familiar turn. The questions were more probing about me, and my journey. These were not questions designed to learn how the best results could be gained. No. I know THIS line of questioning.

These were more like the questions of a lawyer, building a case. This woman had NO interest in learning how to succeed. She was looking for an excuse as to why this process was possible for me, (easier) but impossible for her. In short, she wanted a way out. She wanted an excuse to avoid exerting effort and making sacrifices.

Most people do this, and it makes me sad. I feel a little bit sorry for them, but I realize that they DO have a choice. They could decide to do this, and then, go make it happen. The funny thing for me is, everyone who quits, or decides not to try to reach their fitness goals, has the same theory. They say the same thing:

“It’s not fair!”

My rebuttal may seem harsh but, “B.S!”

In all honesty, fitness is the single most fair thing I have ever encountered. It doesn’t require experience. It doesn’t require a certain degree. You don’t have to “know someone”. (Nepotism has no power here.) You don’t have to be rich, or join any group. In fact, some people just eat vegetables and run!

You only need ONE thing, to succeed: COMMITMENT - That’s it, and that’s all.

My mother taught me something simple, when I was a kid. “If you want it, you’ll make it happen.” (Mom is AWESOME!!!)

The woman above, like SO many others, tried to pull the "age thing", until she found out that I was 55 years-old. Then she tried the "injury thing", (See my first post for my list! Includes a hip replacement) Then she went for the "time thing", but I shared that I was working 7 days a week, writing this blog, creating accompanying videos, hitting the gym a minimum of 5 days a week and beginning to write my 8th book to be published in the past 2 years.)

Then, she seemed to think, she played the ultimate wildcard:
“Do you have kids?”

I told her I did not.

“AAAAHHH!!!” She said. “Well, there you go!”

OK. You win. You get to keep your current physique.
I did all I could do.

The reality is simple:

“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.” —Jim Rohn

Anyway, I gotta run. I’m headed to the gym to meet two of my gym-friends. They will probably be working out with their two oldest sons. #Noexcuses

Included with each post, I will include a link to my book, should you wish to read more detail.

Don't let the title fool you. This is for anyone. Women have simply asked more questions in the past. I wanted to answer those questions as completely as possible.
Simply click image below:

Available in Kindle and Paperback formats
More titles from this author

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why is Losing Weight so Difficult?

You can achieve your fitness goals. If you want or need, to lose weight, I know you can succeed. If you have struggled in the past,...